– We provide a free initial consultation where we will discuss with the client their requirements. We also take this opportunity to consider any site/planning constraints that may influence the design.
– Following the initial meeting a project specific fee proposal is prepared.
RIBA Work Stages 1 & 2:
– Following acceptance of our fee proposal we will undertake a measured survey of the property, from which existing drawings are prepared.
– Sketch proposals are then prepared based on the client’s brief, after which an iterative process begins to develop and refine the drawings until a final scheme is attained.
– Final design drawings are prepared and a Planning Application submitted. Planning Applications normally take 8 weeks to be determined by the Local Planning Authority.
RIBA Work Stages 3 & 4:
– Following receipt of planning permission, detailed construction drawings are prepared. These drawings are suitable for Building Regulations purposes and for allowing a competent contractor to build from.
– A Structural Engineer is often required for this stage of works; we can advise on the selection of one and will co-ordinate their input with regards to structural details and calculations.
– The Building Regulations application is submitted; the application will normally take 5-8 weeks to be approved, however under certain conditions works can start on site sooner.
– We are able to advise on the selection of contractors and tendering/contract procedures.
RIBA Work Stage 5 & 6:
– We are able to offer our services to administer a Building Contract and make regular site inspections to review the quality and progress of the building works.
– We are able to monitor the costs of a project and advise on the builder’s valuations of the works.